Xiaomi 12s Ultra Now Has a 1-Inch Leica Camera
The Ultra, Xiaomi’s newest flagship, is now available. With the assistance of Leica and the most recent Snapdragon powerhouse, the Xiaomi 12S Ultra offers a significantly improved camera.
- The auxiliary camera features a pair of half-inch sensors for the focusing ultrawide and periscope zoom cameras. Similar to the Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra. The primary camera, on the other hand, is brand-new and adamantly claims the title of best smartphone camera in the world.
- The 50.3MP 23mm wide-angle camera is a pioneer of Sony’s top-tier 1-inch IMX989 sensor. In its 4-in-1 binned 12.5MP mode. So, this smartphone’s imager produces the largest individual pixels, measuring 3.2 mm.
- Both in terms of the design of the optics and the imaging software. The 8P element lens in front of the 1-inch sensor corrects problems like a flare, chromatic aberration, and ghosting.
- There are two photographic looks available in terms of software: “Leica Authentic Look” and “Leica Vibrant Look.” The authentic look focuses on light and shadow contrast to give photos depth and aims for a natural-looking image. Leveraging computational photography expertise from Xiaomi and the Leica aesthetic, the vibrant appearance. So, The Leica filters Leica Vivid, Leica Natural, Leica BW Natural, and Leica BW High Contrast are additional options.
- The 48MP Sony IMX586 1/2.0-inch sensor from the Mi 11 Ultra is used by the other two cameras on the back of the Xiaomi 12S Ultra. It makes use of an ultra-wide-angle 13mm f/2.2 lens with autofocus and macro capabilities. There is a 120mm f/4.1 periscope on the wide-angle camera. Both cameras have 1.6 m pixels and a 12MP resolution.
- The Xiaomi 12S Ultra can record images in 8-bit JPEG or high-efficiency HEIF format as well as 10-bit DNG RAW files with an embedded Lightroom profile.
- The Xiaomi 12S Ultra is the first Android phone to support Dolby Vision HDR recording on the video side. Both in 4K and FullHD. In comparison to 1080p, which offers 60fps at 55Mbps and 30fps at 35Mbps. And 4K offers 30fps and 60fps at up to 80Mbps.
- These are the smartphone parts for the Xiaomi 12S Ultra. The 3.200 x 1,440-pixel, 6.73-inch E5 Super AMOLED display up front supports AdaptiveSync Pro. Allowing for variable refresh rates between 1Hz and 120Hz. The 4,860mAh battery can be charged at a 67W wired or 50W wireless rate (10W reverse wireless charging).
- For managing batteries, Xiaomi offers two distinct Surge chips: the Surge P1 Charging chip prevents overcharging and lengthens battery life. While the Xiaomi Surge G1 controls battery usage to increase endurance.
- The new Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor, along with either 8GB or 12GB of RAM and 256GB or 512GB of UFS 3.1 storage, powers the Xiaomi 12S Ultra. So, In comparison to the 8 Gen 1, the new Snapdragon promises a 10% increase in GPU and CPU performance and a 30% increase in power efficiency.
- According to Xiaomi, the 12S Ultra has a brand-new 3D liquid cooling system that uses a capillary network to circulate cooling liquid that has condensed on the side opposite the warm area.
- Similar to the Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra, the Harman Kardon-tuned stereo speakers in the 12S Ultra support Dolby Atmos.
However, It features a leather-like rear finish and is available in Classic Black and Verdant Green. Unfortunately, Xiaomi has acknowledged that the 8/256GB model of the phone costs CNY 5,999. CNY 6,499 for the 12/256GB model. And CNY 6999 for the 12/512GB model, won’t be sold outside of China.