Everything About Apple’s WWDC 2022
The new MacBook Air and Pro 13-inch laptops with M2 chips, as well as iOS 16 for iPhone/iPad devices, are among the highlights of Apple’s WWDC 2022. macOS Ventura, the company’s newest operating system, will be used on their new “Pro” line of computers.
In this article, we’ll look at the most recent highlights from the Apple WWDC in 2022.
About the Apple WWDC 2022 Event:
The Apple WWDC 2022, also known as the Worldwide Developer Conference, has begun and will run until June 10th. During the event, Apple detailed the improvements made to iOS 16, which will include several new features such as an upgraded lock screen, as well as upgrades to the dictation and messages apps.
Apple’s WWDC also unveiled watchOS 9, which will include new features and improvements. With the help of the Stage Manager, Apple’s Ventura and iPadOS 16 will have improved multitasking.
The introduction of the M2 processor, a next-generation processor that will run on the two new laptops, the 13-inch MacBook Pro and MacBook Air, is one of the major announcements at Apple WWDC 2022. The 24GB data storage capacity of the 5 nm silicon chipset is impressive. In a month, the MacBook Air will be released in India, with a price tag of Rs 1,19,900.
Apple WWDC 2022 Summary
- MacBook Pro and MacBook Air
In India, the prices for the MacBook Pro and MacBook Air have been released. The new MacBook Pro and MacBook Air laptops will be available in India next month, according to Apple, though exact dates have yet to be determined. Only authorized Apple resellers will be able to purchase it.
The MacBook Air will start at Rs 119,900, but it will be available for Rs 109,900 for education. The 512 GB MacBook Air will set you back Rs 1,49,900. The MacBook Pro will cost Rs 129,900, Rs 119,900 for education, and Rs 1,49,900 for the MacBook Pro with 512 GB. The 35W power adapters with dual USB-C ports will set you back $5,800.
The Apple WWDC has concluded with all of the major announcements, and the developer beta will be available later in the day. Later, public betas will be available.
- iPadOS 16 & macOS Ventura
Apple’s iPadOS 16 is built around a virtual memory swap that can be used as additional memory or RAM. The iPadOS 16 version of Stage Manager will also be available.
Apple has added a slew of new features to the iPadOS 16. The toolbars can now be customized, the Files app will have navigation buttons, and users can now change the file extensions. There will also be buttons for contact merging, listing, and undo/redo.
The WeatherKit and Collaborate applications will be introduced to iOS16 as well as macOS, according to the Apple WWDC 2022 announcement.
Apple introduces macOS Ventura, a newer version of Mac OS X that includes Stage Manager.
- Apple has announced the $1099 and $1299 prices for the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro with M2 respectively. The old MacBook Air with M1 is still available for $999.
- Apple has released the 13-inch M2 MacBook Pro.
- Apple WWDC 2022 announces 13.6-inch MacBook Air with a 10-bit display, 1080p camera, spatial audio, and other exciting features.
- The 5nm silicon M2 processor now comes with a 10-core GPU and an 8-core CPU, as well as support for up to 24GB of memory.
- With the release of watchOS 9, users will be able to track their medication on their Apple Watch.
- Apple is awaiting FDA approval to add this new feature to watchOS 9, which will allow users to track their A-fib history.
Triathletes will be upgraded to allow for more accurate workout tracking.
According to the Apple WWDC, new features for better workout tracking will be added.
Four new features in Apple WatchOS 9 include a lunar watch face, playtime with whimsical numbers, and more.
- Apple’s CarPlay has been completely revamped.
- Apple introduces “Matter,” a new smart home protocol. The My Home app will also be redesigned, according to reports.
- In Apple iOS, a Safety Check feature has been added that focuses on women in abusive relationships.
- Apple makes it easier for children to access and manage their accounts, as well as gives parents more control.
- Apple Maps has been redesigned, and multistep routing is now available.
Users will be able to split a bill and pay it off over time using Apple’s Pay Later feature.
- According to Apple WWDC 2022, the Live Text feature has been upgraded and improved.
- Apple improves Dictation in iOS 16, In the Messages, SharePlay is introduced.
- Apple iOS16 will now allow users to undo and edit previously sent messages.
- For iOS 16 Lock Screen, Apple introduces Live Screen activity.
The Apple WWDC keynote begins with an update to iOS 16, which includes a new lock screen, color filters, customizable themes and fonts, and more.
The Apple WWDC keynote begins with Tim Cook, the company’s CEO, taking the stage. He talks about Tech Talks and the new developer academy for women.
Apple’s live stream is available on Apple TV and the company’s official website.
The Apple WWDC is expected to bring significant changes to the iOS 16 user interface.
Many people are anticipating the release of watchOS 9, which will include enhancements to features such as low power mode, Health, and others.
Apple will only reveal the improvements made to iOS 16 at this time, and the release dates will be announced later. A public beta of iOS16 will also be available at Apple’s WWDC.
The Apple WWDC primarily focuses on software; however, it is expected that this year’s event will include the introduction of the MacBook Air. It’s unclear whether it’ll have the M2 processor or not.
Before the Apple WWDC 2022, Apple CEO Tim Cook sends out a tweet praising the developers who will be attending.